[R] Installation difficulty with "rimage"

John Kornak john.kornak at ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 12 04:01:33 CEST 2006

Thanks to Professor Ripley and Sarah Goslee for their helpful responses
which have progressed my installation of rimage a little further.
Installing fftw2 instead of fftw3 of course solves the problem and I
apologize for initially missing that requirement in the rimage
documentation.

My install has now unfortunately stalled at the next stage and once
again I would appreciate any advice as to how to solve the problem:

checking jpeglib.h usability... no
checking jpeglib.h presence... no
checking for jpeglib.h... no
configure: error: Sorry, can't find jpeglib header
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'rimage'

I believe that I have successfully installed libjpeg from the web site
http://www.ijg.org as specified in the documentation.

I have also checked for the existence of the jpeglib.h file which is
sitting in /usr/local/bin/jpeg-6b

I noticed an old posting on this issue, but the solution was to make
sure that the jpeglib.h existed, which it does.

I am now running FFTW version 2.1.5, fedora core 3 and R version 2.3.1

Thanks again

John

--
John Kornak,PhD