[R] plotting curves

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Tue Sep 12 00:44:37 CEST 2006

Aldo Crossa <aldo.crossa <at> wright.edu> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to recreate plots of that follow a cubic form.
[snip]
> I've noticed that in R all curves are pixelated, regardless of howmany
> points I use. Is there anything I can do to smoothen these graphs so
> that they are no longer pixelated? I've tried saving it as a metafile,
> postcript, etc., and although the I've been able to increase the
> resolution, I haven't been able to fix the pixelation.

  Weird.  I think you need to give us a reproducible example
so we can help.  The best thing, if possible, would be to
give us an example of the code you used and simultaneously
to post examples of the output to a web page somewhere, if
that's possible.

  I would just say, e.g.,

curve(x^3-2*x^2+x-1,from=-10,to=10)

 there is an "n=" argument that specifies how many points
to use, but it doesn't seem necessary.

   Ben Bolker