[R] inserting columns in the middle of a dataframe

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Sep 14 00:32:37 CEST 2006

Please folks -- use indexing.

myframe<-myframe[,c(1,5,2,3,4)]

Which begs the question: why bother rearranging the columns anyway, since
one can get them used, printed, etc. in any order you wish anytime you want
just by specifying the indices in the order you want them. I suspect the
question was motivated by too much Sas- or Excel -ism.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box