[R] Comparison of correlation coefficients

Anupam Tyagi AnupTyagi at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 11:38:17 CEST 2006

Anupam Tyagi <AnupTyagi <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> It seem the more complicated case is often of more substantive interest in many
> settings: is children's income more strongly correlated with parent's education
> than parent's income?

An even better example (same measurement scale)---Questions like this get asked
quite often in practice: Is a child's income/wealth more strongly correlated
with a parent's income than parent's wealth? And some variants. I think there is
some literature on inference on marginals and conditional distributions, and
bounds that may be useful: Search: James Heckman, Charles Manski.

Anupam.