[R] R CMD check fails at package dependencies check on Fedora Core 5, works on other systems

Robert King robert.king at newcastle.edu.au
Tue Sep 19 14:16:44 CEST 2006

Here is another thing that might help work out what is happening.  If I
use --no-install, ade4 actually fails as well, in the same way as zipfR.

  [Desktop]$ R CMD check --no-install ade4
  * checking for working latex ... OK
  * using log directory '/home/rak776/Desktop/ade4.Rcheck'
  * using Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
  * checking for file 'ade4/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
  * this is package 'ade4' version '1.4-1'
  * checking if this is a source package ... OK
  * checking package directory ... OK
  * checking for portable file names ... OK
  * checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
  * checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... ERROR

  [Desktop]$ R CMD check --no-install zipfR
  * checking for working latex ... OK
  * using log directory '/home/rak776/Desktop/zipfR.Rcheck'
  * using Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01)
  * checking for file 'zipfR/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
  * checking extension type ... Package
  * this is package 'zipfR' version '0.6-0'