[R] currency or stock trading strategy

BBands bbands at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 17:06:08 CEST 2006

On 9/17/06, Darren Weber <darrenleeweber at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any good charting and analysis tools for use with
> currencies, stocks, etc. in R?  I have some tools to download currency
> data from the NYFRB using python and XML.  Can we get and parse an XML
> download using R?  Can we have interaction in R plots?  Does anyone
> use R for back-testing trading strategies?  Are there any forums for
> discussion of using R for this specific purpose (apart from this
> general list)?  Is anyone aware of any general open-source
> developments for these purposes (I don't see any from GNU or google
> searches)?
>
> Take care, Darren

I hardly know where to start either. I use R, Python, rpy, gnuplot-py
and gnuplot together and am very happy with the result. I find that
each piece has it own strengths and together they provide a very
powerful solution. I am currently working on integrating TA-lib into
this mix via a project started by Andrea Malagoli--see the
r-sig-finance archives.

http://rpy.sourceforge.net/
http://www.gnuplot.info/
http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/
http://ta-lib.org/

     jab
--
John Bollinger, CFA, CMT
www.BollingerBands.com

If you advance far enough, you arrive at the beginning.