[R] tcltk problem

Dina Said dinasaid at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 09:03:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using fedora core 3. I downloaded R and installed it.
 After that, I invoked R by the root user and write the
 command install.packages("Rcmdr", dependencies=TRUE). This
 command installs Rcmdr automatically. However, whenever I
type library(Rcmdr), it tells me that Loading required
 package: tcltk Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
         Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
 Error: package 'tcltk' could not be loaded

tcl and tk are installed on my system

The problem is that R can't find them as I guess

Please help me to solve this problem