[R] estimating state space with exogenous input in measurement eq.

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed Sep 20 09:10:11 CEST 2006

      With a bit more details:  RSiteSearch("kalman", "functions")
produced for me just now 29 hits.  The second hit there mentions package
'sspir'.  After installing it, I tried help(package="sspir").  The
"Description" suggested I try 'help(sspir)', which briefly summarizes
what it does and does not do and gives an overview of alternative
software.

      None of R's volunteer contributors have as yet provided a complete
package with documentation that makes it almost trivial to do all you
might want to do with a model like you describe.  However, several
different capabilities are available, and virtually anything you want to
do can probably be done without excessive effort.  If you would like
more help from this listserve, please provide commented, minimal,
self-contained, example with reproducible code (as suggested in the
posting guide "www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html").  Your general
question produced to my knowledge two general and I hope helpful replies
(including this one).  A more specific question might generate more
specific and perhaps more useful replies (quicker).

      Hope this helps,
      Spencer Graves