[R] how to ignore "NA" or replace it by another value

Berton Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Thu Sep 21 20:59:34 CEST 2006

Most R functions have arguments of the form "na.action" or "na.rm" that
allow you to specify how you treat NA's. In general, it's not a good idea to
replace NA's with numbers.

See also ?na.omit, ?na.action.

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech Non-Clinical Statistics
South San Francisco, CA

"The business of the statistician is to catalyze the scientific learning
process."  - George E. P. Box