[R] A simple resampling problem

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 13:23:39 CEST 2006

Try this:

set.seed(1)
n <- 100

first <- sample(0:1, n, replace = TRUE)
second <- sample(0:1, n, replace = TRUE)

sum(first == 1 & second == 1) / sum(first == 1 | second == 1)

# The last could be written more compactly like this
# as 1 and 0 will be treated as TRUE and FALSE by the
# logical operators and then TRUE and FALSE will be
# regarded as 1 and 0 by sum
sum(first & second) / sum(first | second)