[R] proj4R library will not install

Philip Bermingham pberming at arts.ryerson.ca
Fri Sep 22 23:16:13 CEST 2006

I'm hoping someone can help me.  I have downloaded the proj4R.zip and under my version of R (2.3.1) I install the package from local zip file. This worked great.  I then type library(proj4R) to load the library and I get the error: Error in library(proj4R) : 'proj4R' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?  I have read through the install documentation and have downloaded and unpacked PROJ.4 to c:\proj\ so the bin is located at C:\proj\bin.  I then set the environmental variables PATH which now looks like : %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Intel\DMIX;C:\Program Files\UltraEdit;C:\proj and I created a new user variable PROJ_LIB to c:\proj\nad.  I'm not sure if I am missing anything here but I still get the <2.0.0 error.  If you can help me in any way I would truly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Philip Bermingham