[R] problem with summary of data

Nel N. eeneling at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 23 15:55:10 CEST 2006

Greetings everybody,
I'm new with R and I'm trying to do some statistical analysis with R using
my data.
It is a DNA microarray data with 69 samples(row) and 7070 (column)
variables. I read the file using the command
'file.table' and it can be done with no error.However, when I tried running
a summary of the data, the result was not what I had expected. Below is an
extract of the result. And I knew that the command summary will give a
summary of a data's descriptive statistics such as it's median,mean,etc.So,
what i want is the statistics summary of each gene (in each column).
     V7065          V7066        V7067        V7068            V7069
 20     :29   20       :69   117    : 2   39     : 6   20         :69
 25     : 4   X16699_at: 1   134    : 2   42     : 4   L49218_f_at: 1
 30     : 4                  142    : 2   44     : 4
 23     : 3                  170    : 2   46     : 4
 26     : 3                  203    : 2   38     : 3
 21     : 2                  96     : 2   58     : 3
 (Other):25                  (Other):58   (Other):46
     V7070            V7071
 30     : 5   20         :69
 21     : 4   Z78285_f_at: 1
 51     : 4
 64     : 4
 27     : 3
 36     : 3
 (Other):47
My data is in .dat format. Also, I have downloaded a few .rda files to be
tried out with R but how do I view them as data per se, like the .dat file
can be viewed and edited using Notepad, how about the .rda files?
I express my greatest appreciation all who help.
Thank you.