[R] only need the p-value

Ritwik Sinha ritwik.sinha at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:38:48 CEST 2006

This is how you go about doing this.

summary(results)$coefficients[1,5]

You will have to check this for you code. But the idea is that
summary(results) is a list (?) and one of its components is called
"coefficients", which is a matrix. So the problem is just to extract
one element of this matrix.

I am not well versed with coxph so there may be some minor details I
am missing, but that is the general idea (same as with lm, glm etc.).

Ritwik.