[R] strange warning message

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Sep 30 22:13:30 CEST 2006

On 9/30/2006 3:31 PM, John C Frain wrote:
> I get a similar message when i start Sciviews R console.  I do not get the
> message when I start R directly or through Tinn-r .  If I load the libraries
> one by one the message is returned after svViews is loaded.  I presume there
> is some problem with svViews.  However it does not appear to have any
> consequences for my work.  I use R 2.3.1 with Windows XP and I should have
> the latest versions of packages installed

This does look like an svViews problem, possibly because it's loading an
  old binary copy of some object, or because it hasn't been recompiled
for the release you're using.

It may become a more serious problem when the use becomes "defunct"
instead of "deprecated":  then the usage will generate an error.
However, I believe we intend to maintain the ability to read old data
files as long as possible, so you might not see any consequences.

Duncan Murdoch