[R] Compiling C codes in Windows

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Apr 2 10:53:36 CEST 2007

Tong Wang <wangtong at usc.edu> writes:

> Hi All,
[...]
> After I followed all the instructions in " Building R for Windows"
[...]
>      Anyway, I assumed that I need to run this command in Cygwin

No, do this from a DOS shell. The usual problems are either missing
components from the installation steps outlined in Building R for
Windows, or an incorrect PATH variable so that windows or cygwin
versions of programs are used rather than MinGW / Rtools.

Also, this question belongs on the R-devel list, where those doing
development work are more likely to see and respond to your
questions.

Hope that helps,

Martin Morgan

> $ make all recommended
> make: ./Rpwd.exe: Command not found
> make[1]: ./Rpwd.exe: Command not found
> make --no-print-directory -C front-ends Rpwd
> make -C ../../include -f Makefile.win version
> make Rpwd.exe
> gcc  -O3 -Wall -pedantic -I../../include  -c rpwd.c -o rpwd.o
> rpwd.c:22:20: direct.h: No such file or directory
> rpwd.c: In function `main':
> rpwd.c:42: warning: implicit declaration of function `chdir'
> rpwd.c:45: warning: implicit declaration of function `getcwd'
> make[3]: *** [rpwd.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [Rpwd] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [front-ends/Rpwd.exe] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> Can I get some help with my quesitons , and some suggestions concerning the best way to solve the whole problem ?
>
> THanks a lot  for your help..
>
> tong

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor / Computational Biology