[R] Random number from density()

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Mon Apr 2 21:59:31 CEST 2007

One approach (there are probably many others), is to use the logspline
package and use logspline densitiy estimation rather than kernel density
estimation (the density function).  You can then use the rlogspline
function to generate random values from the density estimate.  The
logspline approach also has the advantage that you can tell it where the
ends of the chromosome are and it will not put any positive probability
on observations off the chromosome.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.