[R] transition matrices

Christos Hatzis christos at nuverabio.com
Wed Apr 4 18:16:24 CEST 2007

I think what you are looking for is also called seriation or ordination,
i.e. find the "best" enumeration order of a set of objects.

Take a look at the following link for more information and on criteria for
defining "best"

http://www.lirmm.fr/~caraux/PermutMatrix/EN/Seriation.htm

The link is for a windows application (PermutMatrix) that can perform
seriation on distance matrices used in hierarchical clustering, but might be
useful in your context as well.

-Christos

Christos Hatzis, Ph.D.
Nuvera Biosciences, Inc.