[R] Running MCMCpack

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Apr 5 17:19:38 CEST 2007

On 4/5/2007 10:22 AM, Thomas Christin wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> I am running MCMCpack (MCMCirt1d model) on some files (26 items x about 800
> – 1200 individuals).
>

> I have a problem. When I am working on “big” files, the R program crashes.
>

> More precisely I got the following Microsoft Warning:

> Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
>
> Runtime Error!
>
> Program: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.4.1\bin\Rgui.exe
>

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
> way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.

That message doesn't really give enough information to tell anything.
Could you please do the following:

1.  Try the current alpha release of 2.5.0.  There have been patches to
2.4.1 that may have fixed the bug, if it's an R bug and not an MCMCpack bug.

2.  If you still get the crashes, put together a minimal example to
trigger them.  For example, generate random data of the right size and
give a minimal set of commands that cause the crash.  If I can reproduce
the crash I can probably locate the cause, but without that it's nearly
hopeless.

Duncan Murdoch