[R] Reasons to Use R

Schmitt, Corinna Corinna.Schmitt at igb.fraunhofer.de
Thu Apr 5 17:35:50 CEST 2007

Dear Mr. Isella,

I just started my PhD Thesis. I need to work with R. Good sources are Bioconductor (www.bioconductor.org). It is a DB based on R-programming.
Another institute which has good experiences with R is the HKI in Jena, Germany. Perhaps you can contact Mrs. Radke to get more information or speakers for your workshop. Both parties are mainly for bioinformatics methods but perhaps can help you.

A good reason to use R is that computations are much quicker and you can import/export from many other programs or languages files.

Happy Easter,
C.Schmitt

Corinna Schmitt, Dipl.Inf.(Bioinformatik)
Fraunhofer Institut für Grenzflächen- & Bioverfahrenstechnik
Nobelstrasse 12, B 3.24
70569 Stuttgart
Germany

phone: +49 711 9704044