[R] Setting where the x-axis crosses the y-axis

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 06:48:42 CEST 2007

Hi Stephane,

Drawing a bar plot with log axes is a really bad idea.  The whole
point of a bar is that you are judging the area between the top of the
bar and the y-axis.  If you use a log scaled axis the distance to y=0
is Inf, and your plot isn't really meaningul.

You might want to consider using a dot plot instead.  See
http://www.b-eye-network.com/view/index.php?cid=2468&fc=0&frss=1&ua=
for a good discussion of the issues.

Hadley