[R] regular expression

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 00:53:06 CEST 2007

On 4/7/07, Laurent Rhelp <laurentRhelp at free.fr> wrote:
> Gabor Grothendieck a écrit :
>
> >I assume is to replace single quotes in double quoted strings with single quoted
> >strings containing double quotes in place of the single quotes
> >
> that's rignt
>
> >while leaving
> >double quoted strings not containing single quotes as they are (i.e. leave them
> >as double quoted).
> >
> No, at the end,  I have to replace all the double quotes (") by simple
> quote (')

In that case it simplifies to the following (same as before except
for definition of f):

library(gsubfn)

squote <- "'" # single quote. This is a double quote, single quote, double quote
dquote <- '"' # double quote  This is a single quote, double quote, single quote

f <- function(x)  chartr(paste(squote, dquote), paste(dquote, squote), x)