[R] Dealing with large nominal predictor in sem package

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Apr 10 03:51:17 CEST 2007

Dear adschai,

I'm afraid that I don't follow that, unless you're saying that some of the
levels of the factor have very few observations in them.

> One more question. If I have a nominal response, I guess the
> tsls would no longer work. How can I go around with this?

If the response is ordinal, then you can use sem() with
polyserial/polychoric correlations. Otherwise, the sem package won't handle
it.

> Says, I have 3 equations in my structure model whose
> response. Thank you so much.

As I said, neither tsls() nor sem() will handle an unordered response.

John