[R] Plot symbols dimension

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 05:32:25 CEST 2007

There are several options - have you looked at grid?  If you want to
stick with base graphics, instead of using point glyphs, you could
draw polygons at precisely the locations you specify.

A glyph is a rendering of a point, a 0-dimensional object, so it is
quite reasonable to argue that glyphs should not be rescaled when
rescaling a plot.

Hadley