[R] Using Sampling Weights in R

Thomas W. Volscho thomas.volscho at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 11 01:39:13 CEST 2007

Dear List,
I have a dataset that provides sampling weights (National Survey of
Family Growth 2002).  I want to produce a cross-tabulation and use the
provided sampling weights to obtain representative population estimates.
(I believe they are simply frequency weights but codebook is
uninformative).

I can reproduce results (using this data) that were reported in a recent
journal article, if I use SPSS or STATA--specifying the weight.

Does anyone know how to do this in R?  I have read a lot of
documentation and this is my last resort.

Thanks in advance,
Tom Volscho