[R] Boxplot names format

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Apr 11 14:33:38 CEST 2007

On Apr 11, 2007, at 5:31 AM, Jose Sierra wrote:

> Thank you very much Peters..... it runs !!!!
>
> Peter Danenberg escribió:
>>> I create a boxplot but the names are too longs and i cant see them
>>> complete.
>>>

>>      If you're referring to labels on the x-axis, Jose, I'll
>> sometimes rotate them and increase the bottom margin:

I personally prefer to just turn the boxplot horizontally, and use
las=1 to display the labels on the y axis horizontally. Makes them
easier to read in my opinion. Or perhaps I am committing a faux-pas?
Are boxplots considered harder to read if they are horizontal?

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College

PS: Please don't hijack threads. Your original email was in response
to a message called "Rserve and R to R communication" by Ramon Diaz-
Uriarte.  (Point 4 of the "Technical details of posting: " section of
the posting guide: http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html).

PS2: To whoever is responsible for the posting guide: The link in the
above mentioned section referring to "General Instructions" is
missing the ".html", and sending people to the non-existing http://
www.r-project.org/mail#instructions (or is it perhaps just my browser? )