[R] persp Error. x,y,z with the same length

Felix Wave felix-wave at vr-web.de
Wed Apr 11 16:55:58 CEST 2007

Hello,
I have a problem in drawing a 3d graphic. I simplified the program to show you the problem.

I have a text file with hundreds of entries in 3 columns. I scaned these columns with matrix(scan). Then, I transformed some datas. Now I have the datas in h,x,y.
I created a new matrix to use persp . But I got an error. The reason is probably the same length of x,y,z.

But what can I do the draw my datas in a 3d graphic? (I want to use persp resp. image)

Thanks a lot!
Felix

the code:
------------
h   <- Measure3[,4]
x   <- Measure3[,3]
y   <- Measure3[,2]

z   <- matrix(c(x,y,h),ncol=3)

persp(x, y, z)

      [,1] [,2]        [,3]
 [1,]  0.0    0 0.000000000
 [2,]  0.1    0 0.000538990
 [3,]  0.2    0 0.002315760
 [4,]  0.3    0 0.005333315
 [5,]  0.4    0 0.009595005
 [6,]  0.5    0 0.015104450
 [7,]  0.6    0 0.021865495
 [8,]  0.7    0 0.029882130
 [9,]  0.8    0 0.039158475
[10,]  0.9    0 0.049698760

Default in persp.default(x, y, z) : increasing 'x' and 'y' values expected