[R] Tweaking my plot of matrix as image

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Thu Apr 12 11:36:43 CEST 2007

Hi

Did you by chance look at the help page of image? If you did, you could
read

x,y
locations of grid lines at which the values in z are measured. These must
be finite, non-missing and in (strictly) ascending order. By default,
equally spaced values from 0 to 1 are used. If x is a list, its components
x$x and x$y are used for x and y, respectively. If the list has component
z this is used for z.
a matrix containing the values to be plotted (NAs are allowed). Note that
x can be used instead of z for convenience.

and therefore

image(1:20, 1:20, your.matrix)

shall do what you probably want. And if you have different matrix size
then

1:dim(your.matrix)[1]

can give you suitable sequence.

Regards