[R] using install.packages via proxy

Vladimir Eremeev wl2776 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:41:04 CEST 2007

What operating system do you use?

If you use Windows, than open the Control Panel, double click on the System
icon, go to "Advanced" tab, press
"Environment variables" button, then press "New" to create one more new
variable, enter "http_proxy" as the "Name" of variable, and
"http://address.of.your.proxy:port" as its value.

In unix you should consult with your shell manual for the proper command and
proper startup script file
(in bash, this would be export and ~/.bash_profile)

You also could use Sys.putenv R function