[R] stacked histograms

Arne Schröder arne.schroder at emg.umu.se
Fri Apr 13 11:26:31 CEST 2007

I want to produce stacked histograms where the total bar is divided up
according to the n levels of the grouping variable given in the group
argument.
I am using the lattice histogram function and its "group"-argument, but
it is not recognised. The "auto.key" argument, however, is, because it
gives
me the correct group levels and when setting groups = NULL, auto.key =
TRUE is obviously not producing any legend). Is this because the default
"panel"-argument of histogram() = panel.histogram has no group-argument
(in contrast to the xyplot() function and xyplot.histogram)? Is tehre a
way around it?
Thanks a lot in advance.

Arne Schröder, PhD student
Department for Ecology and Environmental Science
Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå
Sweden

phone: +46 (0)90 786 6635