[R] Embedding Fonts in eps Files - Required by Publisher

Rick Bilonick rab45+ at pitt.edu
Fri Apr 13 14:49:06 CEST 2007

The publisher requires embedded fonts and the eps files that R produces
don't pass its tests. How can I force the fonts (just default fonts) to
be embedded. embedFonts seems to only embed unusual fonts, not the
default ones that are used in a simple eps generated by using
"postscript".

I've tried:

ps2pdf14 -dPDFSETTINGS=/prepress bland-altman_v2.eps bland-altman_v2.pdf
pdftops -eps bland-alman_v2.pdf bland-altman_v2_embed.eps

but the box size is wrong and I don't know how to correct it - if I
correct the bounding box in bland-altman_v2_embed.eps, the size is
correct but not all of the figure shows. The reference I found mentions
fixing the "box size" but doesn't say how this is done.

I would appreciate any insight on this.

Rick B.