[R] Difficulty with formatting scatter.smooth output

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Fri Apr 13 18:52:55 CEST 2007

>From looking at ?scatter.smooth it appears that scatter.smooth uses the
function loess.smooth to calculate the smoothed line.  So you could
create your own scatterplot using the plot function, then call
loess.smooth and use the lines function (with whatever parameters you
want) to add the line to the scatter plot.

This gives you as much control as you want over any of the details.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center