[R] read.spss (package foreign) and SPSS 15.0 files

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 19:40:49 CEST 2007

On Saturday 14 April 2007 14:06, John Kane wrote:
> [...]
> I cannot remember if I have been using 14 or 14, I
> think it was 14 and I'm not near the machine to check.
>
>   There does not seem to be a csv export in 14 but it
> looks like you can achieve the same thing by using one
> of the Excel outputs and then dumping the file from
> there.

Oh, I thought about that too... the only trouble with Excel is its
limit to about 256 columns and some 65000 rows. Any larger database
would be truncated; of course, one could select the variables to
export and create multiple Excel fiels but it seems rather an overkill.

In the mean time, I use portable files or export in different formats
using a comercial software like StatTransfer (this one is really good).

Thanks,
Adrian

--
Adrian Dusa