[R] nls.control( ) has no influence on nls( ) !

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Apr 16 09:03:27 CEST 2007

    Yuchen> Dear Friends.
    Yuchen> I tried to use nls.control() to change the 'minFactor' in nls( ), but it
    Yuchen> does not seem to work.

yes, you do not seem to use it correctly.
No reason to jump to the conclusion that you give in the subject
of this posting ... which is hilariously wrong!
You don't really think that a quality software like R has had nls()
and nls.control(), and nls.control() would never have worked for all
those years and tens of thousands of users ???
Please get to your senses, and first read the posting guide (*)
- and then try again, so we can help you further!

Regards,
Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich

(*) Link at the bottom of every R-help message -- and hence
    cited below