[R] newbie rgl (3d interacting plotting) question

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 16 12:33:08 CEST 2007

On 4/16/2007 1:37 AM, cottrell wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to 'reuse' existing rgl device windows.  Right
> now, every time I run my script I have to close the preexisting windows
> and the new windows get assigned ever-increasing numbers.
>
> I know how to do it for regular R plotting device windows but can not
> find a solution for rgl.

When you open a new window, it gets a number.  (This is shown in the
title in Windows. I forget whether other platforms display it, but it's
in the return value of open3d()/rgl.open() and rgl.cur().)  You can
choose to add more to an existing device using rgl.set().  You can clear
items from a device using rgl.clear() or rgl.pop().

Duncan Murdoch