[R] importing excel-file

Stephen Tucker brown_emu at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 19:37:44 CEST 2007

I use gdata and it works quite well for me. It's as easy as

install.packages(gdata)
library(gdata)
data = read.xls("mydata.xls",sheet=1)

[read.xls() can take other arguments]

It requires concurrent installation of Perl, but installing Perl is also
simple. For Windows, you can get it here:
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/