[R] plotting command trouble

Chuck Cleland ccleland at optonline.net
Thu Apr 19 13:49:59 CEST 2007

Schmitt, Corinna wrote:
> Dear R-Experts,
>
> I have the following command lines:
>
> windows()
>
> plot(0:60, 0:0.896, type="n", xlab="Zeit [min]", ylab="Absorptionsmessung
>    bei 600nm",main="Zellwandstabilität" )
>
> dev.off()
>

> Can anyone say me why the plot command does not work and how the correct one should look like?
> Important is: x-axis goes from 0 to 60 and the y-axis from 0 to 0.896!

  It does not work because the lengths of x and y differ.  Try
evaluating 0:0.896 at the command line.
  If you are just trying to set up the plotting region, you could do this:

par(mar=c(4,6,4,4))

plot(0, 0, type="n", xlab="Zeit [min]", ylab="Absorptionsmessung
     bei 600nm", main="Zellwandstabilität", xlim=c(0,60),
     ylim=c(0,0.896))