[R] R in cron job: X problems

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Fri Apr 20 03:12:33 CEST 2007

This is in the FAQ, if I remember correctly...  However, alternatively:

As Jeff Horner recently pointed out on the list, the Cairo package is a
good way of generating png without needing an X display.  You may want
to look into that.  I've just installed cairo on our CentOS boxes and
the Cairo package from CRAN.

Andy

From: Mark Liberman