[R] cat() to STDERR

ivo welch ivowel at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 15:16:20 CEST 2007

I spoke to soon.  cat("hello", file=stderr()) does not "punch through"
R CMD BATCH test.R.  Is there a way to have stderr() messages escape
the log and go directly to the invoking terminal (i.e., under
linux/unix, late-release gentoo).  Maybe this should require a
different name than "BATCH", so as to not break scripts that rely on
nothing escaping.  I find it very convenient in long scripts written
in perl or C to have the ability to write "blips" to the terminal,
too...

sincerely,

/ivo welch