[R] distance method in kmeans

paulandpen paulandpen at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 22 17:08:18 CEST 2007

Chandra

You could try clustan graphics, cheap and awesome with plenty of
preprocessing capabilities of matrices.

Given this is one of R's strengths (matrix programming) I would imagine
there is code out there that would enable you to generate a matrix for use
in k-means.

Typically, what I would do is to generate a set of tetrachoric correlations
if I am going to use binary data in k-means

Paul