[R] Descision boundary in MASS LDA

Rob Campbell rob at robertcampbell.co.uk
Sun Apr 22 20:23:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

Is anyone able to give me references or explain how the "decision
boundary" is calculated by the LDA function in MASS. e.g. p 335-336 of
MASS 4th Ed. Since it's curved I'm assuming they're doing something like
fitting 2-D Gaussians to the groups and plotting the contour line
describing the intersection. I'd like to understand the general ideas
behind this as I need a short description for a paper I'm writing. It's
biosciences so I'm after concepts rather than many equations.

Thanks!

Rob