[R] fitting mixed models to censored data?

Douglas Grove dgrove at scharp.org
Mon Apr 23 19:58:17 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if there are any packages allowing
one to fit mixed models (or non-linear mixed models) to data
that includes censoring.

I've done some searching already on CRAN and through the mailing
list archives, but haven't discovered anything.  Since I may well
have done a poor job searching I thought I'd ask here prior to
giving up.

I understand that SAS's proc nlmixed can accomodate censoring
(though proc mixed apparently can't), so if I can't find
something available in R, I'll have to break down and use
that.  Please, save me from having to use SAS!

Thanks much,
Doug