[R] Issues with Sweave and inclusion of graphics from nlme

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Apr 27 13:15:22 CEST 2007

On 4/27/2007 5:39 AM, caroline.truntzer at chu-lyon.fr wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'm using the nlme package. I would like to introduce the plot of my
> groupedData object in my latex report using Sweave but it doesn't work.
> I have no error message in R (Sweave(my.file_Rnw)) and the plot is
> generated in R, but when I want to see the pdf (I'm using TexnicCenter) of
> my report, there is an error message and no pdf file is generated. It seems
> that the plot generated by plot.nmGroupedData is not found by TexnicCenter.
> Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this problem?

If the dot in the filename is real, I'd guess that's your problem. To
confirm, take a look at the .tex file produced by Sweave.  Find the line
corresponding to this figure.  It will be an \includegraphics call,
something like

\includegraphics{my.file_Rnw-fig}

Your TeX is probably interpreting this as the file my.file_Rnw-fig
rather than automatically adding the .pdf file extension, because it
thinks you've specified the extension to be file_Rnw-fig.

Duncan Murdoch