[R] The confidence level of p-value of ks.boot

Jasjeet Singh Sekhon sekhon at berkeley.edu
Sun Apr 29 21:58:15 CEST 2007

Hi Gala,

The default p-value is the bootstrap p-value for the ks-test.
Bootstrapping is highly recommended because the bootstrapped
Kolmogorov-Smirnov test, unlike the standard test, provides correct
coverage even when there are point masses in the distributions being
compared.  The bootstrap p-value is returned in the ks.boot.pvalue
object; so in your example code ks.b$ks.boot.pvalue.  And the results
from the standard ks.test function are contained in the ks
object--i.e., ks.b$ks.

For the theorem of correct coverage even with point masses see:
Abadie, Alberto. 2002. ``Bootstrap Tests for Distributional Treatment
Effects in Instrumental Variable Models.'' Journal of the American
Statistical Association, 97:457 (March) 284-292.

For the algorithm see:
http://sekhon.berkeley.edu/papers/GenMatch.pdf

Cheers,
Jas.