[R] Re : Custom axis

joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com
Wed Aug 1 12:20:55 CEST 2007

What about the other way round?

x <- 1:10
y <- rnorm(10,10,1)
x2 <- 3*x + 2
plot(y ~ x2, xaxt = "n")
axis(side=1,at = x2, labels = x)

             Florent Bresson
             <f_bresson at yahoo.
             fr>                                                        To
                                       joris.dewolf at cropdesign.com
             01/08/2007 12:14                                           cc
                                       r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch,
                                       r-help-bounces at stat.math.ethz.ch
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re : [R] Custom axis

Maybe I do not explain well what I would like to do. I do not want to
change the labels of the axis, but the scale. What I want is a general
procedure for changing the scale. Its like using a logarithmic scale on a
plot. Labels are the same, but the increases of x along the x-axis are
defined by a known monotone and continuous function.

Florent Bresson