[R] Finding multiple characters in the same string

Tom.O tom.olsson at dnbnor.com
Thu Aug 2 12:08:42 CEST 2007

Hi
I have this problem where I need to find if there is any numbers in a
string, this is no problem if theres only one number per string. I would
then simply use the regexpr() funtion togheter with the substring function
to extract the number. But regexpr only picks one number per string either
from the beginning or the end, but not multiple. Can this be done? And how

for example
My string <- "this1is2a3test"

The result I want is an vector of c(1,2,3)

//Tom