[R] Q: obtaining non-transparent background in png

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 16:23:24 CEST 2007

Prof Brian Ripley said the following at 07/31/2007 12:20 PM :
> You are *copying* the plot, and that means copying the background too (it
> *is* part of the plot).  Almost certainly the plot you are copying had a
> transparent background: that is the default for X11.
>
> All the confusion seems to be over misreadings of this.

But following that logic, changing the size of the plot shouldn't work either.

I don't think you can have it both ways. I.e., either it's OK to change the
size and the background, or it's not OK to change either of them. There's
no way to deduce from the word "copy" that you're allowed to change some
things but not others; I think that's where the confusion enters.