[R] clustering on Trinary data

Weiwei Shi helprhelp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:33:43 CEST 2007

Hi, Alex:

I think you need to provide your distance function by your domain
knowledge: for example, for a specific variable, is the distance from
-1 to 1 the same as that of -1 to zero. When you have this own
distance function, you can create a distance matrix. After than, any
cluster package in R can be applied to your question.

my2cents,

HTH,

Weiwei