[R] Spatial sampling problem

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 7 07:07:23 CEST 2007

Hi SK,

If I understand you correctly you are trying to assign
to each point of a 10x10 2D grid a normal variable
with a certain dependency between the values at each
grid point. Is this correct?
If so, please explain the dependence structure. Do you
need something like X(i,j) = f(i,j) + Z(i,j) for
1<=i,j<=10 where f is a deterministic function and
Z(i,j) are independent normal variables? Or do you
want to assume that Z(i,j) have a multivariate normal
distribution (and can specify the covariance matrix)?

Regards,

Moshe.