[R] warning in library(GRASS)

javier garcia-pintado jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Tue Aug 7 12:30:22 CEST 2007

Hi,
With your help I've found out that library(GRASS) is the responsible for
several warnings I'm obtaining.
I've got a loop (~100 runs) and for every loop, I'm carrying out several
operations over a sequence of raster maps (12) read from the GRASS GIS.

But for every map and loop I always use RGRASS.temp as the R-workspace
name for the imported raster files, no matter the name of the source
GRASS raster map, e.g;

RGRASS.temp <-
rast.get(G,rlist=paste(A2.grassname,it,".Bmaxind.",ib,sep=""),catlabels=FALSE)

As I always overwrite  the same R object, I should hope that the number
of calls to rast.get would have no influence on a warning like "Too many
open raster files", which I'm getting after the fourth loop.

Am I missinterpreting something about the way R objects are stored, and
every call to rast.get generates a new internal copy of RGRASS.temp?
If so, is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks again and best wishes,

Javier

--
Javier García-Pintado
Institute of Earth Sciences Jaume Almera (CSIC)
e-mail:jgarcia at ija.csic.es