[R] input data file

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 04:56:42 CEST 2007

I would hope that you don't have 100 'scan' statements; you should
just have a loop that is using a set of file names in a vector to read
the data.  Are you reading the data into separate objects?  If so,
have you considered reading the 100 files into a 'list' so that you
have a single object with all of your data?  This is then easy to save
with the 'save' function and then you can quickly retrieve it with the
'load' statement.

file.names <- c('file1', ..., 'file100')
input.list <- list()
for (i in file.names){
    input.list[[i]] <- scan(i, what=....)
}

You can then 'save(input.list, file='save.Rdata')'.  You can access
the data from the individual files with:

input.list[['file33']]

--
Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH